Posted by Chris M Friday, January 25, 2008

Obed River 2

Taking a break from thesis writing, I took a short hike over at Obed River. I had been there before, but it is a nice place, free of the traffic that plagues other places. With the leaves off the trees I got a few nice shots of the gorge. The rock here is basically flat lying sandstones, so nothing to fancy in terms of geology. I was rather surprised to see some logging almost up to the cliff themselves (notice the slash pile in photograph two), but since this isn't a national park or wilderness area, that kinda of stuff is allowed. An air photo from the area shows how close it already was. Technically, all these shots are of the cliffs over Clear Creek. I once again tried to do a panorama with hugin on the last image (photo 2 is showing the upper right of photo 3).
Cliff Logging near Clear Creek Clear Creek Panorama

0 comments: