Posted by Chris M Friday, May 21, 2010

Riviére de Terre

Riviére de Terre
Riviére de Terre by Andy Goldsworthy; photo by Emmanuel Prunevieille.


This month's Accretionary Wedge is geo-images. Although, I do like maps, I went with something different.

I first learned of the land artist Andy Goldsworthy through the documentary Rivers and Tides. As the name "land artist" implies, various "natural" materials, such as rocks, twigs, leaves, soil are used in the creation and placement of the art. Many of the features are temporary, being "destroyed" by the nature around it.

The work is made of a variety of local clays, forming the work as the clays dried.

1 comments:

Gakimu said...

I touch really precise version these articles I stingy there are writers that can create moral stuff.

United States Pools